Other Australian Visas

Other Australian visa classes

Sub classes 101 and 802 - Child visa for Australia

This visa class is for a dependent child who was born after his/her parents were granted a permanent visa for Australia or whose circumstances have changed and now wish to live in Australia with a parent who must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen.

The child:

•    Must be under 18 years of age and dependent on the sponsoring parent
•    Can be between 18 and 25 years if enrolled as a student and not working full-time
•    Can be over 18 if he/she  has a disability and is unable to work
•    Cannot have a spouse or de-facto partner or be engaged to be married
•    Must have approval to live in Australia (if under 18) from a non-migrating parent or,
•    Have obtained a court order granting permission to live with the sponsoring parent

Subclass 151 - Former Resident of Australia

This visa class is for former residents of Australia who have maintained business or cultural ties with Australia, or who have completed 3 months service in the Australian Defence Forces.

Long residence

To meet the long residence requirement for this visa you must:

•    have spent 9 years in Australia as a permanent resident before you turned 18 years of age
•    have never been an Australian citizen
•    have kept close business, cultural or personal ties with Australia
•    Be under 45 years of age at the time of application.

Defence service

To qualify you must have completed at least three months of continuous service in the Australian Defence Force or were discharged from the Australian Defence Force before you completed three months of service, after you became medically unfit because of that service.There is no age requirement for defence services personnel. 

Sub classes 115 and 835 - Remaining Relative visa for Australia

To qualify for this visa you or your partner cannot have a parent or step-parent, sibling or step-sibling or non-dependent child or step-child who resides outside Australia or a near relative who is residing in Australia on a temporary or Bridging visa. If you have a near relative residing outside Australia who you no longer are in contact with you will not be eligible to apply for a Remaining Relative visa.

You must be sponsored by a parent or step-parent, sibling or step-sibling or an eligible partner of your relative who must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. Your sponsor must be 18 years of age and agree to give you support, accommodation and financial assistance during the first two years of residency in Australia. This agreement includes any family members included in your application.

You must also arrange for an Assurance of Support to be approved before the visa can be granted.

Sub classes 116 and 836 - Carer visa for Australia

You can be sponsored by a near relative to obtain a Carer visa to live in Australia permanently to provide substantial and continuing care or assistance for your relative or a member of their family unit living in the same house who has a long-term or permanent medical condition. Your relative will need to demonstrate he/she cannot look after them self in practical aspects of daily life and has tried to access all available care options from any other relative or from welfare, hospital or nursing community services in Australia. Your relative (or their family member) must have had their medical condition assessed by Bupa Medical Services as being one which significantly affects them in attending to the practical aspects of daily life and which will need direct care for at least two years.

Who can sponsor

Your relative can be your partner, child, parent, brother, sister, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew (or step-equivalent) and must be usually resident and settled in Australia as an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Your sponsor must sign an undertaking (an agreement) to give support, accommodation and financial assistance (if needed) for the first two years after you arrive in Australia to care for your relative or member of their family unit arrives in Australia. This agreement includes any member of your family unit included in the visa application.

Sub classes 114 and 838 - Aged Dependent Relative visa for Australia

The Aged Dependent Relative Visa is a permanent visa for an applicant old enough to receive an age pension in Australia who is single, widowed, divorced or formally separated and who has been financially dependent on his/her relative for at least 3 years for their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.

The applicant must be related to his/her sponsor who is an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or an eligible New Zealand Citizen over 18 years of age and settled in Australia for 2 or more years.

A sponsor can be a Parent, Child, Brother or Sister, Aunt or Uncle, Niece or Nephew, Grandchild or Grandparent including half and step-relatives and relatives that have been adopted.

An assurance of support is mandatory for this visa class.

Sub class 858 - Global Talent visa for Australia

You must have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession, a sport, the arts, or academia and research and have been prominent in your profession for the last 2 years. If you are younger than 18 or at least 55 years of age you must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.

Be internationally recognised with a record of International achievement

You will need to demonstrate extraordinary and remarkable abilities, be superior to others in your field and have a record of sustained achievement that is unlikely to diminish in the future. Your achievements need to be acclaimed as exceptional in any country where the relevant field is practiced. The field would also need to have recognition and acceptance in Australia as well as international standing.

Be of benefit to the Australian community

You need to show that you would be of benefit to the overall Australian community, economically, socially or culturally, or by raising Australia's sporting, artistic or academic standing internationally  and have no difficulty getting employment, or in becoming established independently in your field in Australia.


You must be nominated by an eligible person or organisation with a national reputation in your field who is highly regarded throughout Australia. An eligible person or organisation can include an Australian peak body or organisation, an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Why should I only use an agent registered with MARA?

The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) is managed by the DHA who is responsible for monitoring the conduct of registered migration agents both in and outside Australia. MARA approves continuing professional development activities of all registered agents to ensure they maintain up-to-date knowledge of migration law and procedure so that only the highest level of advice and assistance is provided to prospective applicants.

The DHA strongly advise that if you need assistance with the visa process that you should only appoint an agent who is registered with the MARA. A person who is not registered cannot offer you legal protection and you run the risk of being exposed to migration fraud by someone who has limited knowledge on immigration procedures and who is not accountable for his/her actions.

If you would like to know how we can assist you in obtaining any of the above visas, please send an email to info@conceptaustralia.co.uk or telephone 0208 315 6700.

What visa options are there?

Choose the best option for you:



What our clients are saying

You have been so helpful with our application and I do thank you greatly. If you would like me to complete a review/reference or something for your company’s website I would be happy to as we have been extremely happy with your service.